Tuesday, August 4, 2015

From Candle to Jar!

How to Clean Wax from Jar Candles


I have ALWAYS loved the jars that my candles come in, and have always HATED throwing them away when the candle was done. I am so excited to say, no more! My first saved candle jar will be used for my son's 3rd birthday table toppers, and will be filled with legos! Then to be used to his arts and crafts area!


This is how my candle burned. All crooked and crazy. BUT no matter, as my method melts it all down! Also making my house smell amazing!


I brought a small pot of water to just boiling and set my jar right in it {be careful of overflow and also use oven mitts to handle after this step}


In a very quick couple minute, my wax was all liquefied, and I was able to pour right out of the jar!!
{I used a regular serving bowl covered in foil to trap the wax for easy disposal} 


To my pleasant surprise, I didnt even have to work on the sticker label or price tag at all to get them off. The boiling water allowed them to just fall right off!

The remander blue wax left in the jar I was able to scrub out with warm water and soap!

Easy As That!



{I have had two of these identical candles burnt down to the bottom to show a side by side difference!}


I LOVE my new jar!! 
and I will post an updated picture soon from its many soon to be uses!!






UPDATE!!

1st use of my candle jars was in my son Carson's 3rd birthday party!! They were just decoration, but really added that special touch! Can you spot them? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment