Sunday, August 30, 2015

DIY Party Globes!

Dollar Tree Paper Plates to Big Amazing Party Decor!




I am super excited to show these bad boys off!! My son's 3rd birthday planning started, and I needed to find a hanging decoration that really popped with color as the theme was all about primary bright colors...[LEGO THEME!] 1st thought would have been balloons, however last years frustration with them at his 2nd birthday party quickly deterred me! I bypassed helium and blew them up myself, used a needle and thread, and strung them up all around my porch. They looked absolutely amazing, however with a summer party and the forecast being 95+ degrees, they popped all throughout the party! It was just awful and obnoxious and I was not going to take the chance of trying again this year. I did like the idea of tissue paper pom poms that I have made for a Gender Reveal Party, but silly me, after I made a few my son informed me they looked like they were for a girls party! I should have known I guess hahaha! So I went back to the drawing board and found these!! Even better, my son Carson LOVED them!:)


[Party Day!]


I wasn't so sure about these at first to be honest from looking at one picture of only a couple that are floating around the internet. I also was frustrated when I looked online to try and find a good deal on paper plates in bulk to make a good bunch of them, as packs of bold color paper plates usually go from $3-5 PER PACK. Well, as they do have a ton for sale places like amazon, I was frustrated with the amounts in the packs! I needed 20 per ball, but they sell packs of 8, 12, 14, 18, etc...I closed the laptop and decided to pay whatever it was for one pack of plates to try one of these out to see if I even liked them in person. I was ecstatic to find the colors I needed at The Dollar Tree, AND the amount I needed at 20 per pack!! Huge awesome party globes for $1 a piece!! How can you beat that!? 

------------------------------------------


Step 1: Grab what you need [pack of 20 plates, staples (about 150 per globe), stapler]





Step 2: Separate plates into two stacks of 5 and a stack of 10 





Step 3: Start with a stack of 5 plates. Fold each individual plate like below on three sides, with a triangle shape in the center.





Step 4: Start going staple crazy! Staple two sides together, then another two sides etc to form a star shape






Step 5: Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the next stack of 5 plates




[HINT: This will take practice, but try to get those corners stapled as close together as possible as you can see they will leave holes at every corner. The closer you staple, the smaller the holes!]



Step 6: Grab the last stack of plates, and instead of stapling in the circle star pattern, staple them to form a straight line. 





Step 7: Connect the line of 10 plates together to form a big circle





Step 8 and 9: Attach each star piece to either end! Staple, Staple, STAPLE!





Step 10: Your done! I used fishing line (thread i doubt will work as these are heavier than you might think!) and a needle to string through two of the plates on whichever corner I liked, and BAMN! Party globes!! 



[Much bigger than i thought they would be! The bigger the better to me!]

[Above the Dessert Table]

[Above the outside meal/game table]


------------------------------------


I can't get over how much I loved these! A total of $6 for the plates, and I was lucky to find a brand new pack of staples at a garage sale for $.50cents! These were one of the biggest hits of the party, with tons of compliments from the guests. They are perfectly creative, big to fill up otherwise empty space, they don't pop like balloons, you can make them in any color you need, and they don't break the bank! I'm in love! I hope you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment